BPESA KZN Awards acknowledge top performers
August 27, 2015
The inaugural BPESA KZN Industry Awards recently took place at Elangeni Southern Sun in Durban.
The Awards, the first in KZN since the relaunch of the provincial body in 2015, served to recognise the best performing companies and individuals from across the industry.
The contact centre industry in KZN employs over 20,500 people, making it an important socio and economic contributor to the province.
“KZN is fast developing into a world class customer service destination and events like this give us an opportunity to showcase just why this region is so special,” says Yogan Naidoo, Regional Coordinator BPESA KZN.
The main winner on the night was international outsourcer, Coracall, which took home three awards, followed by CCI, Bytes People Solutions with two and Call Insight, EC3 and Career Box who each walked away with one.
“For such a young company to win three awards was way beyond anyone’s expectations. It was a great night for Coracall and for the industry in KZN; the BPESA team organised an outstanding evening and it was a night for us all to be proud of. We are looking forward to the National event in November, and just to be rubbing shoulders with the best that South Africa has to offer is going to be an amazing experience,” says Ross Telfer, MD Coracall.
“As with the Awards in Gauteng earlier this year, the judges were faced with a tough task of choosing the top performers in the province,” says Tebogo Molapisane, CEO BPESA.
“I would like to congratulate everyone who was shortlisted tonight for the KZN Awards and to the winners well done, we look forward to seeing you at the BPESA National Awards in November.”
INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY WINNERS
– Coracall – Best Support QA Professional, Dheveshin Nair
– CCI Best Support Workforce Planning Professional, Gareth Phillips
– Coracall – Best Sales Agent, Winston Naicker
– Bytes People Solutions – Best Customer Service Agent, Nkosinkulu Matutu
– Blake and Associates – Supervisor of the Year, Lydia Murugan
– Call Insight – Manager of the Year, Sade Abrahams
COMPANY CATEGORY WINNERS
– CCI – Wellness in the Workplace
– Coracall – Skills Development Award
– Careerbox – Best External Support Services – Training and Development
– EC3- Best Independent Outsourced Contact Centre – Less Than 150 Seats
– Bytes People Solutions – Best Non-Independent Outsourced Contact Centre – Less Than 150 Seats